Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Flash from this point on.




Yup. I'm animating the rest of Road Rage with good ol Flash. Since November I have been animating the film through ToonBoom Digital. The main reason why I got the program was because of the awesome vector engine that has a brush tool that is akin to say, Alias Sketchbook. But all good things must come to an end. I'm probably using the program wrong, but I recently animated a sequence in TB and for reasons too varied to get into here, realized that the entire sequence was being animated on a layer that was for lack of a better word, 'invisible' in the program. In shorter terms: It never existed. Which set me off, considering that I'm on a schedule to get this film out by summer. Luckily, all the scenes I have done are exportable as .swf's so those scenes will not be trashed; they will be imported into Flash and worked on. Yeah, Flash's brush tool really, really sucks but I'll deal with it for the next few months...

No comments: