Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 42


Quick thumbnail of a scene I'm animating today. Everything is going according to plan so far... interestingly enough, I was reading my Spy vs Spy collection over the weekend and I don't know how I missed it, there was a comic strip with Black Spy and White Spy buying voodoo dolls! How's that for serendipity? They don't even get as far as torturing though, they both explode after the purchase.

The voodoo doll idea fascinated me when I was 9, 10 years old playing the LucasArts game Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (and to some extent, the cult classic Weekend At Bernie's II: if you've seen it, don't act like you didn't love it :) And 10 years ago my first Flash 4 animated cartoon (senior year of high school) incorporated voodoo as well. That cartoon will never see the light of day, unless someone from my high school wants to blackmail me in the future. However it'd be nice to look back and see how I've de-evolved as an animator/hah. I don't have it though.

No comments: